Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thursday, May 14 workouts

I’m not a runner – not by a long shot.  But I like the idea of putting myself through some physical challenges.  I read some article about “Things to do before you turn 30” that said you should do something difficult with your body and you should do it outside.  The world should not begin and end with your couch.  I ran the Indianapolis 500 mini-marathon back in Spring 2007.  I ran very slowly, but I did it.

My current goal is to run a 10 K sometime around the weekend of Sunday, June 7.  I’m not signed up for an official race; it’ll just be me and my Nike+iPod. 

Also, I’m doing an Advanced Rotation of Turbo Jam.  I’m doing that to help get me back into the swing of working out every day before I try to attack P90X again.

I’m a bit behind with the Turbo Jam rotation, but I just finished Cardio Party 3, then I did a windsprint+recovery run for 20 minutes.  The run was a free Nike podcast featuring The All American Rejects.  It went pretty well!  I'm shocked. 

This evening I’ll do 3T – Totally Tubular Turbo.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for such good information.......If you love to workout, just like me......Please check out the blogs mentioned below, its really informative !!!!..... check it out m sure you'll love it.

http://staysharpwithworkouts.blogspot.com