Thursday, May 14, 2009

Year 30 Goals

Since I turn 30 in 14 days, I figure I should write out the goals I want to accomplish for my 30th Year

  • Do 3 pull-ups before I’m 31 (or better – do 30 pull-ups!)
  •  Run a 10 Mile or 15K Race
  • Finish 2 rounds of P90X
  • Do a round of ChaLEAN Extreme and/or Intensity (I can’t wait for that workout – no equipment and all body weight!)

Those are the fitness goals.  Other goals are

  • Pay off at least half of my credit card debt – ideally by Dec 2009
  • Memorize “O Come, O Come Emmanuel” on guitar – also ideally by Dec 2009
  • Learn to drive a stick shift
  • Learn to swim
  • Donate 10% of my income to my church and 10 hours a month to charity/community development

So, I feel like those are doable in a year.  The credit cards and playing guitar ones might be a little harder to do by December ’09, but if I apply myself I think it’ll happen.

I’ve noticed that when I’m putting energy into my fitness goals, I’ve got a heckuva lot more energy and drive to put into my other goals.  So, I’m gonna focus a lot on the first 4 and hopefully that’ll help me get the next 5 into place.

Since we’re 5 months into 2009, it’s likely your New Years Resolutions might have fallen by the wayside.  So, do y’all have any Mid Years Resolutions?

No comments: