Saturday, June 6, 2009

Back in the saddle

This morning I ran 5 miles and did Turbo Jam Cardio Party 2.  The music in CP2 starts off kinda techno which I'm a bit meh on, but it ends with Baby Got Back which is one of my favorite wedding reception songs ever!

I still hate running.  But I'm consistently doing a (barely) sub-10 minute/mile pace.  I'm stunned!  The reason I've never tried to do a marathon - besides the pain and agony and all that - is because I don't want to be stuck running for 8 hours.  I know I'd get bored by then.

I still remember running the Indy 500 Mini Marathon in 2007.  13.1 miles in 3:16:41, around a 15-minute/mile pace.  We couldn't use iPods, but they had musical acts spaced out. 

At 10 minute/mile, I could finish in 2:11.  So that increase in speed could decrease my agony by over an hour!   If I can keep that pace up, I could run the Chicago marathon in 4:22!  Less than 4 and a half hours!  That rocks!  Now I'm all inspired.

No comments: