Monday, August 17, 2009

Ain't Skurred!

I just did Yoga X! It’s so crazy! I’m off by 2 weeks on my schedule, mostly because I didn’t want to do Yoga X. But even crazier – it’s not that daunting once I start. Plyo still holds that crown. It’s the commitment to 90 minutes of discomfort. And really, there’s at most 20 minutes where I’m really pouring sweat and wondering what the heck I’ve gotten myself into.

It’s all a mental game.

Decide-Commit-Succeed. I have to do those 3 steps and I’ll get fit. I’m also applying Decide-Commit-Succeed to the rest of my life. Breaking things down into a plan then work the plan come rain or come shine. Adjust the plan as needed, but always be working from at least an outline of a plan.

It’s still somewhat disheartening to see my cottage cheese thighs a-jiggling whenever I do a downward dog. The last few vinyashas in the first section still cause agony – right angle pose, half moon, standing splits, etc. My balance is wretched. Ugh! But I know it’ll get better. I’m still amazed that I probably sweat more in a warm-up for P90X than I did in some entire days when I was younger.

Exercise plan for rest of day:

I’m still 3 workouts behind for finishing Week 1. This evening will be Ab Ripper X, Legs & Back, and either Kenpo or a longer Turbo Jam, depending on mood. This will be a great day!

No comments: