Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Caught Up!

After a Herculean effort this morning, I did ARX, Legs & Back, Chest & Back, and Plyo! Holy crap! I feel alright now, but I’m pretty sure Aleve will be my best friend by lunchtime. Even though I’m 2 weeks behind, I’m caught up on Week 2, Day 2!

I’m also noticing my body is a little unbalanced. I already knew my left leg was weaker than my right. I had hip surgery in junior high after a growth spurt left me with a mildly dislocated hip. It’s never given me trouble, thankfully. But I can tell – especially with Legs & Back - this morning that my left leg ain’t up to my right leg’s par.

Chest & Back went well. I still feel like my back is stronger than my biceps and triceps. Hopefully once I get my arms built up, I’ll be closer to doing an unassisted pull-up. Through sheer grit, I was able to muscle up a few more pull-ups in C&B than I did 3 weeks ago. I can also feel a little weakness in my left shoulder/upper back area.

Plyo still scares the snot out of me, but even after 2 hard workouts right before, I wasn’t left gasping for breathe like I have been in the past.

You know what this means? I’M GETTING FITTER!

No comments: