Monday, September 28, 2009

Plyo X baby!

I meant to do this the other night, but the former roommate came over and treated me to ice cream ;)

So, I got up early to do this: 4:30 AM – aarrgh! Plyo and Yoga are 2 of my biggest dread factor workouts. With Yoga it’s probably the running time. 1.5 hours is a looong time for me to stay focused. But now with my re-start date being a Thursday I’ve got Yoga X on Sundays which is a bit less rushed for me. Plyo just hurts – in a good way. If you can’t tell from this picture, I’m soaked with sweat after today’s Plyo workout.

(The pic is coming. I had some technical issues. But trust me, I was sweaty. It was not glamourous at all.)

But it’s done. I was able to keep up with Pam. Whoo-hoo! Go me! Starting the day with a workout victory!

Also, every time I do this workout, I remember how much I respect the way Beachbody puts folks in their videos. There’s a mix of races and ages and abilities and body types. In P90X they have some women doing pull-ups and some men using the bands. In the original Turbo Jams there is George, who is a bit more mature doing some of the high impact stuff. And in Plyo X I’m getting shown up by a guy with one leg. ;) So, yeah, for workout and workouters diversity!

No comments: